Wet grinders are something that has become a very important part of every individual household, particularly in India. Many people do not buy it as they think of the demerits of the product. However there are both merits and demerits. This article is about the advantages and disadvantages of using a wet grinder.
- If you are someone who is interested in cooking Indian food, wet grinders shall be really helpful for you. You can easily make chutneys and the batter for cooking a few things such as dosas, etc. also require a lot of effort. Wet grinders can actually do it in no time
- Another advantage of using the wet grinder is the fact that the technology and the stone that actually grinds the component parts do not produce too much of heat. This ensures that the flavor of your food is kept intact. Thus, the dry grinders are superior in this aspect as well.
- The wet grinders are actually made from the granite stones. These are available in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu and also stay intact for a longer period of time. Thus, these wet grinders have a higher durability.
- Finally, the wet grinders are also versatile in nature. You can not only make dosa paste from these type of grinders, but these can also be used for a lot of other purposes such as cutting vegetables, taking the pulp out for making soups, amongst other things.
Disadvantages of the Wet Grinder:
The following are some of the disadvantages of the wet grinder:
- Sometimes, when you are making ingredients such as chutney, etc. The particles stick inside the grinder itself and it is not easy to take the same out. This makes it inconvenient to use at various times
- The component parts which make up the grinder, particularly blades, may become brittle and the sharpness shall reduce after a few weeks of use. Now, this in turn, poses a lot of problem because if the blades itself are not sharp, your task shall not be done.
- It is not a very convenient product for you if you are someone who is not too much into chutneys, making pastes from various ingredients etc.
Thus, the above article lists down some of the advantages and disadvantages that you will have if you have wet grinder at home. It is a product that can be extremely useful for you. Hence, you need to be very careful while purchasing the same.